Staff Locking System
Telescopic Size Range
Rent this telescopic, lightweight trekking staff set for your Oceanwide Antarctica expedition for just $7.50 / day in our online store and pick them up in Ushuaia and enjoy enhanced stability while walking ashore (the display rental price is based on a 10 day voyage - your price will vary depending on the length of your voyage).
Picking Up Your Trekking Staff Rental?
- Pick them up at our Ushuaia partner's shop: Kallpa Tours, Gobernador Godoy 19, 3rd floor, Suite B. Office Hours are 8:30 am - 2:00 pm & 3 - 5pm, Monday - Friday (other times by appointment). The main phone line is (54) 2901 431 929. The cell phone of our operations colleague Nieves in Ushuaia is +54 2901 40 0987 (once in Ushuaia you may have to dial it locally as 1540 0987).
- Or, have them delivered to your hotel in Ushuaia for a nominal delivery fee of $5.00
Returning Your Trekking Staff Rental?
- Your gear will be conveniently collected onboard the ship prior to disembarkation and returned to our rental office on your behalf.
- In the "Comments" field found during the check-out process, please indicate your arrival date in Ushuaia, your inbound flight numbers, the name of your prestay hotel in Ushuaia and the dates on which you will be there (if applicable).
- There is no security deposit charged for our rental gear. Return it as detailed here upon completion of your voyage for a hassle-free rental experience. Failure to return the gear, will of course result in an appropriate gear replacement charge made to the same credit card you used to place your order. Thank you for understanding.
Made by LEKI™ of their strongest, lightest weight aluminum, the Ultralite Ti Trekking Staff is specially constructed for a world traveler and trekker. May it help make all your outdoor sojourns more enjoyable and easier to negotiate.
This staff has these Special Features:
- Shaft is made of Aluminum
- They weigh 15.8 oz. per pair
- Adjusts from 24.4" - 51.2" (62-130 cm) so its easy to pack and easy to use in the field
- Ergometric Grip - there's 10 degree Positive Angle integrated into the grip to offset slope angle as you're walking up or down hill - it maintains your wrist in the perfect position
- The thermofoam material on the grip allows for more comfort and breathability
- Performance Baskets prevent poles from sinking into soft earth or slipping between rocks in rocky terrain
- Baskets easily screw on and off without the use of additional tools
- Automatic Comfort Strap - has a mechanism that releases the hand in certain situations
- The strap has soft fleece padding on the inner side to reduce irritation
- Lifetime Warranty against Shaft Breakage
- SLS Shaft Locking System - Super Lock System: up to 60 times stronger than other locking systems, shaft locks in 3 or 4 turns with minimal torque
- Shaft locking system has 360 degree reverse turn security
- Shaft has an anodized finish
- Has a Carbide Flextip - flexible tips that can bend up to 30 degrees without breaking or damaging the pole shaft
- Carbide reaches a hardness close to that of a diamond and ensures optimal grip on ice and rock